Third Hand is a non-profit community bicycle workshop. It is a place to learn about bikes, fix your bike, obtain a bike, meet fellow cyclists, volunteer, donate, and have fun. We offer bikes and parts at a low cost and help you learn to fix bikes!
Our mission is to promote cycling as safe, enjoyable, and environmentally responsible transportation by providing community members with the facilities and tools, as well as the skills and knowledge to help make cycling an essential part of their everyday lives.
Anytime we’re open:
- We sell used bikes, used parts, and a basic stock of new parts
- We accept any bicycle related donation
- Members can volunteer to fix bikes, organize the shop, etc.
- Workstations and tools are available for use by the public, first come first served.
- Volunteers are available to help you work on your bike
The Third Hand Bicycle Co-op facilities are well equipped for complete bicycle maintenance. We offer 12 fully equipped workstations as well as some specialized tools.
We have hundreds of bikes for sale in various conditions, including a modest selection of good quality complete bicycles. We have an extensive and well-organized selection of used parts and accessories.
- Safety is a priority at all times.
- Sign in as “personal” or “volunteer” upon arrival to shop.
- Everyone must abide by our safe(r) space policy.
- Youth under 18 must be accompanied at all times by an adult while in the workshop area.
Note: The co-op does not provide storage. Space is very limited.